Karen M. Billingham began practicing law 20 years ago, working with and being mentored by Gary L. Schappaugh, one of the most accomplished family law attorneys in this area. While working with various firms over the years, she kept a close practice relationship with Mr. Schappaugh and Family Law. If Mr. Schappaugh had a large case she would assist him in extensive research, discovery, depositions, mediations and / or serving as Guardian Ad Litem. Ms. Billingham has tried cases by jury and non-jury and has a vast knowledge of creative strategy within the law. Once she decided to open her own law office, she elected to limit herself to Family Law to better serve her clients in what can be an emotional life transition.
She has represented clients, through settlement or trial as the case demands, in all areas of Family Law – divorce, custody, protective orders, domestic violence, visitation, child support, paternity, and adoption.
Karen M. Billingham’s credentials:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from Southern Methodist University, 1979, Cum Laude
- Juris Doctor Degree from Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1992, Cum Laude
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 1992
- Admitted to practice before the Northern District of Texas, 1993
Other credentials also include:
- City of Dallas Department of Information Services, 1983 – 1989 & 1990
- Recognition Award for contributions to community emergency system 1988
- City of Dallas Police Department, 1981 – 1983
- Dallas Police Department’s Commendation for Service, 1989 & 1986
Karen M. Billingham is married 30 years with two sons, one in college and one in high school. She has served throughout the years on PTA Boards, and Neighborhood Associations. Karen is a person that genuinely cares about the family unit and knows the importance of raising healthy, stable, and confident children. That’s why she is focusing her practice on Family Law.
If you are looking for an affordable and experienced family law attorney / lawyer for your family needs, we are well-prepared to help you. Call us at 972-682-7711, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with the attorney.